Monday 9 November 2009

Chapter 5 - Experimental Video

Work in progress, will update with full idea.

My Experimental Video idea is based around modern life and it's unrelenting pace. It is inspired by the film Koyaanisqatsi and the idea that human beings have lost touch with nature and forgotten it's importance in everything.

In my film there will be a collection of shots in different locations with the juxtaposition of nature and rural surroundings against an urban environment. The technique I am going to use in my film is time lapse photography - where the film is sped up or slowed down to emphasise the movement and life over a period of time.

I will be filming around where I live (countryside) and in a more urban environment (Brighton , Crawley and the M24 dual carriage way), incorporating scenes of traffic and people with shots of natural landscape and the environment. I originally had the intention of filming the busy scenes in London but have had second thoughts as the locations I wanted to film may have needed permission and it was too much of a task.

1 comment:

  1. Very good idea. you will need to be carful ofcourse with the traffic scenes.

    ReplyDelete